Founded in 1903 as a Congregational church, this church has had a ministry presence in Clear Lake and beyond for over 100 years.
Earlier in the century, Clear Lake was home to the largest sawmill on the West Coast and the town supported a hospital, hotels, two movie theaters, and a few taverns. During that time, the church had a large and vital Sunday School ministry to children.
As the theology and practice of Congregational churches began to move away from their historic evangelical foundation, the church sought to affiliate with a more evangelical body. In 1948, the congregation joined the Evangelical Covenant Church and became Community Covenant Church of Clear Lake Washington.
Throughout the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s, the church had both good and trying times. In times of faith and unity, the congregation grew in love and numbers of people. In the early 1970’s, the congregation banded together to build our present sanctuary and in the early 1980’s our present Christian education wing.
Members of the church have been encouraged to pursue their God-given talents so that the church can become an increasing presence of the Lord in the Clear Lake community. The church has a vital food bank ministry as well as a before and after school program called the Apple Club, and has added numerous other ministries that bless many throughout our community.
God has been faithful and is currently at work in the lives of the people who call Community Covenant Church their home. It is our desire to not simply rest contented in who God is, but to be alert and expectant to what He is calling us to do and be so that our church continues to be a place where people in Clear Lake and the surrounding area be a place of welcome.